Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I've Been Nomintated...


For the Liebster Award!

I am flattered Lara Lacombe nominated me for this award (Thank YOU Lara!).
 
What is the Liebster Award? Good question.
 
What I've learned is:
 
The Liebster Award recognizes the nominator's favorite blogs with fewer than 200 registered followers (a lot follow without registering). And though I could not find the origin of the award, I did find another blog, Sopphey Says, where the writer noted that she thinks she found the earliest reference to the Liebster Award on a German blog. That blog, however, advises the nominee nominate FIVE other blogs in the pay-it-forward style of the Liebster Award. But I'm going with the rules (mostly) I was provided:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
So, here we go (with a slight modification on the number of Nominees)...
 
The questions from my nominator:
 
1. What's your favorite writing/reading snack?  Tea!
2. Where have you always wanted to visit? Without a doubt, Britain.
3. What's your favorite accent? British, Daniel Craig style. ;) 
4. What movie do you always watch when you find it on TV?  Anything Jason Bourne. ;)
5. What's your favorite hobby? Driving my kids crazy...
6. Say you can quit your day job and do whatever you want. What would you do? Write!
7. What made you want to start writing? It was that or take up drinking--what? You try staying home with four kids under ten...
8. What is your favorite genre? Daniel Craig--oh. Wait. Genre. Not gentleman. Hmm...got to go with Gabaldon, which is essentially Romance/Adventure/Historical/Spy-Espionage/Sci-Fi/and Fantasy rolled in one. :)
9. Where is your writing/reading nook? Writing--library off the front room; Reading--in the tub, of course!
10. What book do you wish you had written? I can't say there is a book, other than my own of course, I wish I had written; then I wouldn't be me, which means my kids and hubby wouldn't be mine, and well, that's a reality I prefer remain fiction. :)
11. Early bird, night owl, or something in between? Depends on the day--but mostly Early Bird. No better way to annoy teenagers than to chirp outside their bedroom door at 8 a.m. Sunday morning. Did I mention my hobby was driving my kids crazy?
Okay. And now for 11 random facts about me, about ten more than you probably want to know...
 
1. I've never read Anne of Green Gables. Or 50 Shades of Grey. Or a great many "classics".
2. I drown in the shower.
3. I'm a compulsive note taker.
4. I live in Yoga pants.
5. I love to dance.
6. Wine makes me happy.
7. Plants die in my care.
8. In my mind I'm an athlete.
9. I wear my heart on my sleeve.
10. I value honesty.
11. I believe chocolate is a food group.

And now MY 11 questions for my nominees (listed below)...
 
1. What are you currently reading?
2. The last place you vacationed?
3. Least favorite food?
4. If you won $1,000,000 tax-free dollars, what is the FIRST thing you would buy?
5. The last movie that made you cry (or choke up, if you're not a crier)?
6. Who's your real-life hero/heroine?
7. Why?
8. What is one fantasy (unrelated to sex) that you would love to live out?
9. Silk or flannel?
10. Last random-act-of-kindness someone did for you?
11. If you were offered the chance, would you compete on Survivor (and why/why not)?
 
 
And my 11 7 recipients of the Liebster Award are... (in no particular order)
 
1.  kc dyer
2. Kathy Chung
3. Tyner Gillies
4. Christine Brant
5.  A Novel Woman
6. Susan Adrian
7. Helen 2.0
 
Good writers, all. Check them out!
 
Deborah
 
~You don't just luck into things...You build step by step, whether it's friendships or opportunities.~ Barbara Bush

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not brave enough to read in the tub on a regular basis--I'm too afraid of dropping my book!

Linda G. said...

I'm totally with you on Daniel Craig as a genre. Let's start a movement. ;)

Deborah Small said...

Never dropped a book. Well. Okay. Once. And it was a library book of all things. Cost me $20 to replace. ;) Still no better place for me to read than in a steamy bubble-bath, a necessity with four kids--it's the only place they left me alone long enough to read. :)

And yes, Daniel Craig as genre...yum. ;)

DL Hammons said...

My wife is a Gabaldon FREAK also! I love these question/answer awards! :)

Deborah Small said...

The question answer/awards are fun, kinda like a blog-blitz! :)