Friday, December 21, 2012

Be Well

Four days 'til Christmas, and I am not ready. Seriously. And I have absolutely no excuse.

Christmas comes around the same time every year. December 25th. Without fail. And still, I am not ready.

I am not alone. There are others like me. Scrambling, fretting, tense and frustrated, teeth ground to nubbins because there is so much to do, and NO TIME TO DO IT. And yet it will get done. It always does.

Presents bought and wrapped, cookies baked, and turkeys stuffed. It will be done. Eggnog poured, driveways shoveled, floors swept, and seasonal dishes brought out of storage. It will be done. Furniture dusted, extra bedding washed, toilets scrubbed, and sofas denuded of cat hair. It will be done.

It will.

Five days from now, I will stagger from my bedroom to peer through puffy eyes at the wine stains, heap of trash and recycling, half-empty (or full if you prefer) drink glasses on every horizontal surface, and layer of dry pine needles and squashed food bits littering my floor, and I will smile. Because it was done. And I had fun.

That is what I wish you my friends. Fun.

Good food, good friends, good times with family, not only four days from now, but today, and every day.

Seasons Greetings. Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas. Hanukkah. Whatever this time of years means to you, may it be a time of joy and togetherness. Be well my friends.

Be well.

Deb

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! Hope you have a great holiday! :)

Deborah Small said...

So far so good! Just a little tidying to do and food to prep, otherwise it is, amazingly, all done--thanks to TEAMWORK. Hubs and kids are the best. :)

I hope you have an awesome Christmas, Lara! Take care.