Tuesday, March 12, 2013

One Foot Forward, and

two steps back.

Or so it seems.

We are still in limbo. And I'm earning frequent surfer miles as I peruse Craigslist and other free ad sites for rentals in our preferred area. No. Our house has not sold yet--wanna buy it? Yes. We're thinking of moving anyway. I know. Ballsy.

Or crazy.

Time will tell.

We have good reason to move (the word inevitable comes to mind). And equally good reason to remain in-situ. I'm leaving it to the Universe.

Intention+Action=Desired Result. Right?

I believe so, as I posted in February when I wrote about my moment of serendipity after I wondered whether I needed a website (read it here). Today I acted on that intention.

Actually I acted on the intention back in early February when I contacted a website designer (recommended by the fabulous Vicki Pettersson (here)), but it took until today for me to get the next step done--secure my domain name--Yay!. I've since requested a quote from said designer to move me forward with the next step--an actual site. Double yay!

So, stay tuned.

One step, one hour, one rental ad/domain name/email/phone call/drive by (viewing)/one paragraph/edit pass/box packed/house-polished-top-to-bottom-for-potential-buyer-viewing (my floors and baseboards have never been so clean), I am moving forward. 'Tis painfully slow at times, but I think for my (and my family's) own good.


Big changes are better broken into chunks, or to use a writerly metaphor, chapters. Introduce the conflict; see characters react; insert first obstacle to satisfactory resolution, and second, and third, and so on forcing the characters to adapt, overcome, or avoid; toss in inclement weather, proof of residency policies, illnesses and physical injuries to hinder progress; rinse and repeat keeping the goal just out of reach to help build character--I'm a writer. Persistence is in my DNA. Conflict is the question, and the answer. There is no way but forward. Rest breaks are optional, and recommended.

So, if you've been wondering, now you know. Like the tortoise, I plod on. How about you; what changes, big or small, are adding vigor to your life?


Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress. ~Bruce Barton

Deborah







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! It sounds like you have a lot going on right now, but I think you have the right attitude--baby steps, one bit at a time, and soon your journey will be complete.

Looking forward to seeing your new website! :)